Monday, October 6, 2008

Oh the things they say!

So many of the hilarious things my kids have said have been lost in this void between my ears, so I love it when I actually DO write the things down that we say "Hey, we should write that down". As I was doing yet another futile effort at cleaning up my house, I came across a scrap of paper with a few cryptic words on it- but it was enough to dislodge this little gem----

During a LONG drive in the car, I was trying to entertain as well as prepare my kiddos for the Sabbath. I decided we could sing Primary songs. They kinda petered away after a while after I tried to rouse them with a rendition of "I Belong to the Church of Jesus Christ" which ends with the lines "I believe in the Savior Jesus Christ, I'll honor His Name. I'll do what is right, I'll follow His light! (held out here as in LIIIIIIghT) His truth I will proclaim!" Gibson claims to hate to sing, so we were kinda listenenig when he busts out with his own rendition of the last lines and statement-- "....I'll follow his DAAARRRK. - Hey mom, that's Satan's Primary!"

After nearly driving off the road and wetting our pants with raucous laughter, we called the then Primary President to find out just WHAT he was learning in Primary!! We all cracked up recounting the story! Later some friends came over and we told them too. Angela is a teacher in Primary with me, and the next day when the kids were getting rowdy, she turns to me and mouths "Satan's primary!" and we burst into giggles all over again! Oh that boy!

Today I had a cute conversation with Delaney, who is not even 2 and half, but talks like a four year old- yeah, she's a genius, but I am a competely unbiased observer - uh-huh!

Delaney: Stestuday i had meeneecanee een i cwied. eesup dere puddawayn icwied.
me: Yes, delaney yesterday you did have minty candy and you cried. yes it is up there put away (pointing at cabinet) and you cried.
Delaney: yes, meeneecanee een icwied, but i nocwie cause i hvneough meeneecanee een you puddetway fuhmee.
Me: Yes Delaney, minty candy and you cried , but you don't have to because you had enough minty candy and I put it away for you.
Delaney: Yes, youpuddeetway fuhmee!!! *KISS*

Sometimes I really love my bosses!!

2 comments:

Chanko said...

Oh Gibson is Hilarious!! It was so fun to watch you teachers in Sr. primary--you guys are a hoot! Did I ever tell you one of my favorite primary memories? It was when I was doing a song sharing time and I said we were going to sing the song once more and Gibson said, "I hate singing". So I said, "well, then I'll sing for you cuz I love, Love, LOVE singing!". And I actually got a real grin out of him (I supposed those weren't too frequently given so I was just a little giddy with myself that I 'made' him smile) :) Your kiddos are adorable and very much themselves. You must never have to question what they are *really* thinking! Love it!

Chandice said...

Melissa I miss you! How have you been? Your kids are growing up so fast and are so cute! Just thought I would say hi! :)