Thursday, November 5, 2009

Hallowed moments






Halloween is always a trying time for moms. This year was no different. As usual, my children wanted to be something completely not-off-the-rack-able, but thanks to sparkly tule, blue pleather and a HEAP of craft foam, mission was accomplished. I was heralded as the best mom ever several times, hugged, kissed and promised clean rooms forever. None of that lasted, but I am thnakful I can make them happy for a brief time. Delaney's preschool co-op had some adorable characters- I know EVERYONE loves that stop light! Gibson is a Pokemon, Kyogre, a legendary loosely based on a Killer whale (graphic below), while Delaney is not a Ladybug. She is her favorite book charater LADYBUG GIRL who is a little girl named Lulu dressed up as a ladybug- but alas, no basset hound. She is posing as a defiant Bug Squad hero in one of the pictures. (and I like the matching red eyes in the other one!)







4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Finally you blogged about the pictures instead of just sending them. I love that so much more. I want your insight and explanations. FANTASTIC job on Gib's costume! That looks great. I really, really need to come see you...

Nick and Maddy Winward said...

Super cute! Looks like fun! Laney is getting so big!

Malsy (THE Moe of DMOE) said...

I am so going to be lame here and comment on my OWN blog- but I contacted the author/illustrator of the book and gave her the address to the blog so she could see Delaney- THis was her response-

Delaney could definitely be part of the Bug Squad! Your sewing skills are really impressive (Ours are sadly lacking). We're thrilled that your daughter is so inspired by our book! Thanks so much for sharing these lovely pictures with us.

All best,
Jacky Davis and David Soman

COOL-huh??

Unknown said...

CUTEE!! ps: you did FANTASTIC with the costumes!!!