Friday, October 19, 2007

Oahu a.

Well, it is our last day in Oahu and I loved nearly every minute! YEsterday was probably our best day here- relaxing and exciting! After a luxiourious breakfast (I just GORGE myself on those tropical fruits!), we hit the beach to take advantage of our hour free snorkel. The beach is entirely covered in live coral reef- so we got to see some coral critters- the occasional fish, a couple spiny urchins and anemones, but when we got out, we saw some people looking as somthing from the rocks. WE went over to investigate and guess what??

SEA TURTLES!!! we saw about FIVE of them ranging from about a foot and a half to over three feet! I of course took THOUSANDS of pictures but still can't get them onto the computer! I was so excited when we saw them I immediately got on the phone and called Gibson. He was as impressed as I thought and we gushed about them for a while.

From there we went to the temple. We were the only ones in our session and it was really amazing. THe Lai'ie temple has alot of unique Marble carvings around the top of murals of each book of scripture. There is also a big fountain flowing from it down to the visitor's center (about 100 Yards ) away. The entire thing is lined by palm trees. It is absolutely stunning and I was so wonderful to get a chance to go to the temple with Derick!

We topped it off by having an amazing dinner with absolutely sinful desserts! WE packed up and got ready to leave, and we just chilling for the morning and then we are off to Kauai.

0 comments: