Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Running around the globe

SO for those just tuning in, the last week has been FULL of excitement. Ali came in last Wednesday and that was great,but TSA sure did a number on her! Friday we left for the race and, well, after the Expo (which had some great vendors) everything went pretty bad including me being stuff on a two way road in the wrong lane with a HUGE semi coming at me from the front and a Public transportation train coming at my rear. It was great to see my parents and have them here for support, although the more people you add to the equation, the more people you need to please!

But the race was exhilorating! I finished slightly after my mental goal of 2 and a half hours at 2:34:45. ALi and Wendy did great too- ALi at 2:45:43 and Wendy at 2:10:58. It was BEDLAM at the finish line, but after an hour we found out where Ali was, loaded up the junk and headed home.

At home, Derick and I tried to get ready for our next adventure- Hawaii!!! We flew out SUnday morning and landed in Oahu at 3pm local time- which is 9pm Philly time! We were soooooo Spoiled by our 1st class flight from Minneapolis to Honalulu! wow! We unpacked, ate and crashed by 8pm local time.

Monday we explored the beach around our hotel (the Turtle bay resort on the North SHore_ AWESOME!) Then hit the polynesian culture center for the res tof the day.

Today was Pearl Harbor ALL DAY. It was truly amazing, solemn and sobering. Of course I think the most impact of the day came from seeeing the oil bubbling from the sunkent hull of the Arizona. We took a scenic drive home and ate a fabulous dinner (ok, ever had vanilla macadamia nut ice cream???) and took a walk along the beach in the dark with the MOST amazing Stars with NO light pollution. and here I am. Trying to catch everyone up so you won't think I have fallen off the planet- just halfway around the other side of it! Pictures as soon as I figure out the hotel computer's ability!!!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I can't wait to see pictures! I wish I could be there ....