Sunday, December 21, 2008

TEA-cher gift!

I have been making these things for years, so if you have seen them before I am sorry, but I thought I would share in case someone needs that last minute creative-looking gift. I totally cheated last minute with this one, but I usually double mat, stamp the messages and decorate with stamps and layers of paper and what have you. these were for Gibson's Primary teachers at church, so I wanted it more personal and had him put the pictures in!I KNOW you can figure it out- each takes 1/3 piece of card stock (cut on the long side- approx. 2 3/4 in), and a sheet of typing paper for the inner wallet. Half the typing paper (longways- 5 1/2 inches each), then lightly crease these in half again. Bring both edges to the crease and tape. slide in your four tea bags. I sometimes use a gift card for on of the pockets. fold them together so you know where to trim- when the tea bags are in, they are really puffy.

Make your front "plaque" and glue it over ribbon that goes all the way around and has room for a tie. pierce the inner wallets and cover so that you can string a small cord on the "binding" to hold the wallet together. Tie honey sticks in the ribbon for the "sweet" part. I have collected several "Tea" variations and have used these from Bridal showers on down! Good Luck! If you have questions, ask, or call!

0 comments: