Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Delaney's Birthday!




As I was sick and bedraggled on Sunday, I still wanted to celebrate my daughter's birthday! We didn't want to have a party per se, since it was Sunday, so we had her bf Larson over with his brother and mother for an easy dinner. We were worried that she was going to catch her hair on fire as she blew out her candles, but didn't!

Monday in the wee hours of the morning, I awoke with excruciating pain in my inner ear. I tried some homeopathic junk along with ibuprofen to get rid of the pain so I could sleep. Under this haze, I took Delaney to dance class and hosted her class for a birthday lunch! During this time, everyone's voice took on a robotic tone and I knew I should get my ear looked at! Again, Delaney nearly caught her bangs on fire. We were definitely testing fate. I run to the doctor, go get prescriptions filled and get home in time to prepare for the last birthday celebration with the Nelsons and the Tabers.

The Tabers brought the AMAZING deal of a dollhouse and furniture I bought at the Children's used stuff sale! They were hiding it in their storage unit for us. While the kids were playing, we set it all up and it was hilarious hearing the men haggle about where a particular piece of furniture went and how it would look best. We called the kids in for cupcakes, sang the song, and then, yes, her bangs lit up and singed about a half an inch!!!
She took a couple bites of her cupcake, but we could tell she was distracted. She got up from the table and ran into the living room and just stood in front of it. I went next to her and she said "what is this?" and I said "It's your birthday present! Happy birthday baby girl!!" I think it was too much for her and she kept looking around for the presents- I had to explain that the GIANT, furnished dollhouse WAS her present! Then all the kids noticed and started playing really sweetly.

I had to finally update my blog because I can't imagine the last three years without our little angel/princess/sassafras/diva. She is a delight and a joy most of the time and even when she is being sassy and mad, she cracks us up.
We love you so much Delaney and you are truly the answer to prayers! You and your brother mean the world to us, and we are so thankful to be your parents!We also look forward to getting to know you as an older child, teen and the adult you will become. Even now as I write this, you have had your first self-initiated success on the potty (I had to stop typing to lavish praise and adoration and some "paper work") and you are growing and learning sooooo much everyday. Thank you for being such a bright spot in our lives and we love you SOOOOOOOO much!

3 comments:

MichelleW said...

She is looking so much older!

Tablogger said...

Love the singed hair pix!

Nick and Maddy Winward said...

Looks like fun! Happy birthday Delaney!