Wednesday, May 6, 2009

May

I can't believe my first written blog this year is all the way in May! Where has the time gone?
I have to have a disclaimer that I am writing this under an antibiotic that makes me numb- weird! I had a terrible ear infection punctuating all the goings on this weekend, but the pain is mostly gone now, although my hearing is no where near it needs to be, and all I want to do is sleep. But anyway, to the important stuff! This weekend involved Mormon Prom, which I DJ-ed along with John Wertenbaker, a fast Sunday, and most importantly, Delaney's Birthday! She turned " Fwee on May Fwird", as she would say!

Saturday my mother in law came up to celebrate with Delaney, and then we got ready for the PROM! I forced my husband to dress up and attend with me because how often do we have a reason to dress up and go dancing! especially when I know that the music is going to be good! (Humble, I know..)Michelle Wasden took the pictures, so of course, they were great, but I wasn't thrilled with the way I look in them (but that is a girl thing I need to get over!)
I even made some of my other friends crash it as well! They ended up not being able to stay long, but it was fun having them there nonetheless!These are the Princeton First youth! (and one darling date from the 2nd ward). I love them so much- they are the best group of kids and I have had the opportunity to watch them grow up to perfect gentlmen, and lady! We got to drive them home too, and were there for the stages of "modest-ing" the dress!(the blue one)

It was an honor to be there and we proved that the girls can be gorgeous while being modest and that we can have fun with clean music and clean dancing! The theme was "A Night in Paris" and the decorations were gorgeous, there was authentic French hoers d'oeuvres and lots of fun! There were a few glitches- we didn't know about the band that was set up and ready to play, my selection of Spanish music was in question and there were times my requests were mobbed, but my personal favorite was when I leaned over the table to say something into the mic and knocked the whole table off of the foot and a half tall dais they had created out of folded tables sending the Cd player, a couple of ipods, a laptop, and two flower arrangements to the floor! Nothing was damaged, thank goodness!!

We got home SUPER late and were kinda wired, so when I got up for fast Sunday, I felt like death. Fast Sunday was super touching and I cried most of the morning. Afterward, I had to break the fast early so I could take some sinus meds and was trying to explain to my children over a light lunch that mommy was feeling great emotionally and that I had a wonderful morning at church, but that physically I was feeling really sick and nauseated and that my tummy hurt. Delaney, with a very sincere and concerned voice said "You need go poop?" Derick and I giggled, then chuckled and were finally guffawing so hard that I had tears in my eyes. This concerned question is always the first thing I ask my children when they have a stomach ache, that and, "have you had enough to drink today?" Oh, the things they pick up!!

0 comments: