Friday, August 17, 2007

Running just as fast as we can...

Aw 80s song reference- Anyone?

So just ran 8.5 miles and am so proud of myself! I stink, am soaking wet, and look absolutely like road kill, but am very proud to have made it though. THe old knee has been acting up and I was getting concerned- but getting out onto the street and getting off of the track really helped. of course people always say "what about the treadmill?" but I have to say with all sincerity that the treadmill is the work of the devil and the thought of running on it makes my chest constrict even now. HAte the bloody thing and will forfeit my childcare and fantastic gym showers to stay the heck off of it!!

So next challenge???? For those who are counting, the half marathon is now officially less than two months away. Hotels in Baltimore are filling up fast- do the runners a favor thougha nd don't book the ones near the starting or finishing lines! WE need those (it would help if I made reservations though!!)

BTW- for my special someones in GA and SC!!- I listened to Harry Potter throughout my run today and it made the hours fly by even though my running wasn't flying by anything! Love that stuff! And new you would love to hear more about my obsession!!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you should host a Hogwart's 5K. I'd run. :)