Monday, September 3, 2007

The road is not your friend- you have been warned

My first road rash! a quintescential (have no idea how to spell that word and if it even means what I think it means!) step in a runner's life. so I stepped on what I thought was a piece of wire- only to find out in a percussive way that it was a LOOP of wire, the end of which was buried under that gravely, asphalt-y, ground up glassy, sand side of the road stuff, which my foot looped into, while I was standing on the other side and DOWN. I. WENT. HARD. so hard in fact, that TWO cars pulled over to make sure I was OK and if i needed any help. Do you know how BAD my fall must have looked to have people try to help in JERSEY!??? people don't care here, but two people stopped!!

Anyway, scratch one pair of workout pants (nice big torn scraggly hole) and here's to having an asphalt tatoo (the above picture is after two thorough scrubbings with soap, and two washings with peroxide!) and bring on more PAIN!!!

will put some pics of the kids on soon!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

POLE SANA as Swahili speakers say. It translates to mean something like I'm sorry for you and I feel your pain. You're one tough chick.