Sunday, September 23, 2007

There's pain in those thar' hills!

So we went to Baltimore to check out the race course- walked the first three or so miles (walked a bunch more because I took us on a WRONG turn in the WRONG neighborhood!). When we got back to the car, we drove the course- which is beautiful by the way, but incredibly daunting- because the first 7 miles is all hills. mostly UP hill!

I ran 10.75 miles on Thursday- the most up to this point in my life EVER! I did it in 2 hours 15 minutes which isn't great, but not a complete embarassment either. I also have targeted some hills in my area to focus on a little more. And don't be fooled- going down is not easy either! Especially with tired legs!

THis week I am supposed to go 11.5 miles and this is the pinacle. We start a two week taper to the race now! I also have a stretch/ MAsssage this week to help get blood back to my legs. We have a 5k this weekend that was my FIRST ever last year- so I can't wait to see how much I have improved- to believe all this started here! The Bishop of our ward challenged us to run a 5K and I did! Several 5ks, a 5 miler, a 10K and a SPrint Tri later, and I am training for a half-Marathon!! Wow!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

SO FREAKING AWESOME!!! I'M SO PROUD OF YOU.

Anonymous said...

Great job! Can't wait to read the details of the 11.5 miler!!!