Friday, November 30, 2007

New regime!


I was talking to a friend the other day about Gibson's Gimmies! They are driving me up the wall and are making teaching opportunities about Christmas nearly impossible! She said that letting her children earn and spend their money really helped them to understand better, and then we started talking about chores and stuff too. I always wanted my children to do chores, but I always thought they were too young and put it off- but now GIbson is 5 and I am frustrated that I waited SOO long!
This morning I did not want to get out of bed, so after turning on the TV for him (PBS, though, I swear) and going back to bed for 15 minutes, I came out to the living room to find my son had gotten out a bowl and a cup, the cereal and milk, made breakfast for himself, and put everything away with out spilling anything.

so he's ready for chores- beyond ready really. So we made a chart with LOVELY pictures and words of everything (click on picture and zoom in to see!), then ran back to try it and it went really well! then we made a to do chart for mommy, who needs a cleaner room (and house!!!) too! We also made a little list of Money earners- let's see how THIS goes- because the biggest gimmies are transformers, and they cost a good 6 weeks of work- at least!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the idea - hope it works!
Delaney with the tights looked so cute. We also loved the photo of Dad putting Gibson on the ceiling to put the star on the tree! :)
Love you guys!
Mom & Dad

Anonymous said...

Sounds great! The most EFFECTIVE fhe we had was giving Ethan his chore chart. I like your list of what to do in what order. Ethan gets overwhelmed still with the mere sight of picking up all his toys but I love the idea of doing this list with him.

Malsy (THE Moe of DMOE) said...

gibson loved that we did the list together and felt invested in it. He also thought my drawings were hilarious becasue they were so pathetic!!!