Sunday, December 2, 2007

Wow! 50th!

I just noticed this is my 50th blog- what a milestone, sob! (Just kidding folks, really!)

Anyway, the kids were so cute for church this morning I tried to get their pictures! They were so good about posing and smiling, but the blasted digital camera is SOOOO slow that by the time the picture was taken, the smiles had faded and the pose had moved on! I have to get on friendlier terms with that thing! I finally got to do Delaney's hair again using TWO manipulative measures- first, putting her in her high chair distracted by FOOD! and second, telling her I want her to have pretty hair like Rita, our friend who we've been playing with lately, who has adorable little hair-dos. Even with these measures, she was very wiggly and her hair is so out of practice that the growth patterns and cowlicks and parts have all changed! All said and done though, she looked pretty dang cute and that brother of hers sure is a handsome cuss too, don't 'cha think???


He did another paid chore for me yesterday- sweeping the floor under the HIGH CHAIR- a HIGH VOLUME AREA of debris!!! After several attempts of trying to pass it off as done, a few tears and raised voices, he got it all up except for the food that (and I quote Gibson here) "is stuck hard to the floor and I can't get it off". Sigh. So true, so true.


We also had a disastorurous date last night- Derick took the other woman (His Blackberry) and was on it all night due to some disaster in the computerized testing world (and I mean world too- I think one call/email was from China) and I had a throbbing headache and wasn't much fun either. The movie was cute (Enchanted) and the food was AMAZING (Elements of Asia) and our babysitters were the best!! (The Bagley FAMILY!!!- Thanks!)

0 comments: