Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Coming to town





I was behind a truck at an intersection the other day, and I look up to see a bright red, superbly restored antique chevy truck (think - Old Navy truck) with the license plate Santa 57 on it with a decal saying "oh what fun it is to ride" on the back. I look closer and sure enough, the driver has flowing white hair and a red suit and hat on!! I turned off the blinker and ended up following him to an office complex, wher we waited until he got out, before we rolled down the windows and shouted "Merry Christmas Santa" he turns around and laughs and I appologized for stalking him, and he said it happens all the time- then he asked how many kids were in the car, and he brought over really nice candy canes. When Gibson got his, he said "wow this is a really big nice candy cane!!". Santa just giggled and said it was because it came from the real santa and not from a helper. He told us he had to go get his teeth cleaned and he had to go, so he went back to his truck, took out some jingle bells and a huge black sack, and went into the office building while we sat in the car and gawped at him, and took pictures with my cell phone!

It is so ironic that someone as non-Santa as I am was totally caught up in how sweet this was!

0 comments: