Sunday, September 28, 2008

5K, K?

For the last three years, our ward has participated in the Parkinson's Alliance 5K. This race is particularly special to me, because it was my first one ever and is what brought me to the point where I am now. (that is: training for a Half-Iron man Triathlon on November 1st, for those who haven't been in audible, visual, readable or subliminal range of me in the last 18 weeks....)

Anyway, this year was even more spectacular than normal because my cute boy ran the fun run (he completely freaked out on us last year and refused to run, so we had to leave him with a random family) and Delaney happily went with our friend Mary Jane in a stroller- AND they added two moon bounces and free RITA'S along with all their other great grub. OH, and a magician, and two clowns. We had over 80 people of our congregation participate in either the 5K or 1 Mile fun run, which is amazing seeing that our average attendance in church is around 155! Me and Derick didn't run as well as we wanted, but still was proud to do it.

0 comments: