Saturday, September 6, 2008

My trainer and friends! He g0t 2nd in his age group for the Half-Ironman. I g0t 2nd place Athena in the Olympic "mini" distance (which actually means it's a bigger Olympic than a regular, but sounds mini-er!) Official results will be posted here soon! I did so much better than in July- it is amazing what two months of practice can do! I was about 18 minutes "slower" in this race, but the distances were much longer and the course was CRAZY challenging! oh- and id I mention the rain from the hurricane formerly known as Hanna came right as I got off my bike?? It was actually really fun to run in the rain- the temperature was warm enough that you weren't cold, but very comfortable. I definitely had my prayers answered on this one! If the rain had gotten heavy while I was on my bike, the difficult course would have been TREACHEROUS! I was really thankful!

NEXT and final one of the season is the Half- Ironman!!! EEEKKK!

2 comments:

Mandy said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! You are kinda amazing...

Unknown said...

i don't even know how you do it

i can barely walk up the stairs to get to my classes