Sunday, March 30, 2008

Sleepover into Easter!



Gibson had his very first real sleepover on Good Friday ( he has had other
sleepovers when people were visiting, but those were families, not just ONE
SINGLE FRIEND) and of course it HAD to be Joshua because they have been friends
since Gib was 5 months old!! ( i found pictures the other day!! SOO CUTE!!!) Gib
wanted Joshua to come to the Ester Egg hunt at Chruch and with his mom's working
schedule and babysitting and stuff liek that, it jsut worked out best for us to
take him for Friday night. I let the boys build a movie theatre with all the
throw cushions in the formal living room, and have popcorn and they also had
legos out, and this is what happend:




In order to chill them out, we threw them in the bathtub:

Then after jammies were on, they got to clean up- they both fought over who got to vacuum more:The next day was the HUNT and they made collecting bags, played a relay game, and hunted for eggs:
This is the little boy (Ellis) Laney was smooching on the other day!After the egg hunt, Jenn came and got Joshua and our sleepover was over! We all went home and took naps to recover, becasue those boys were still not asleep at 11:30 and then up by 7!!!Easter Sunday was very emotional. One of my sweet girls in my Primary class (I'm a Sunday school teacher) had lost her fish that morning and was devastated. Then we read a very emotional story about a boy who lost his grandfather and learned about the miracle of the Atonement. We then sang some beautiful songs about the life of the Savior (Isaiah Says , If the Savior Stood Beside Me and I know that My Redeemer Lives) and then during our lesson we talked about our baptismal covenants and Alma babptizing in the waters of Mormon. I loved this chart as a handout (it is all the way at the bottom of the lesson), and made them on cardstock for all my girls. Then Sacrement was talks and a choir program. I sang the first song with the choir and Delaney FLIPPED out and I had to go down with her. Derick sang though and the choir sounded great. Music can really stir the soul.

After Church is when I found out about Lucy. I had to regroup a little and call Jill, who stayed with Lucy and i on a trip to San Antonio when we were still Sass-a-Fras Teenagers with bad hair. Our family then went to a WONDERFUL Easter dinner with the Nelsons and Mesch families. We had so much fun- they had a little egg hunt, yummy ham and potatoes and then cakeandicecream for dessert! It was a wonderful, wild and tiring weekend!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

ur typing still rocks! After all these years. Sorry to hear about Lucy. Your mom told me the memorial service was simple and lovely. talkatcha soon. LAM

Shelly said...

Cute blog, Melissa! I got your link from my mom's blog.
Shelly Myers

Unknown said...

HOW FUN!!! i miss Easter egg hunts.

I commented the Manta Ray post too :) haha loved that one.