Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Knitting Nerdiness- AGAIN!

About two months ago, I took Carlie into Anthropologie because I knew she would totally dig it. Every time I am there, I get caught up in their luscious knits and often take pictures of certain stitches to see if I can find something like them on the Internet. Well, while we were there, I saw this sweater and after one glance I KNEW that I could copy it! So I took a picture of it- and got in trouble for it!!! They didn't make me erase it though, so when I got home, I downloaded it and started to analyze the stitches and just for kicks, googled it to see if there was a pattern floating out there somewhere already- Imagine my surprise when a full pattern with pictures showed up!! http://peonyknits.blogspot.com/ (scroll on the side for the downloadable pattern)

So in order to give Carlie a memorable memento of the N-J, I knitted one for her. I made TOO MANY mistakes, but it still turned out nicely I think. I got a funky/cool button from the Woolly Lamb and Viola- much cheaper than Anthropologie charged!! and I could make it in whatever color I wanted!


I also gave Carlie a few things to remember- like every time she put on her sweater was a hug from me and that the reason I learned to knit was to make things for the temple and to remember its importance. She actually cried when I gave it to her and of course that made me go too!! She is so tiny and cute that she made it LOOK GOOD!!

4 comments:

bridgmanpottery said...

great job! Are you on ravelry yet? There's an anthropologie group there that shares patterns

This Diva Travels said...

You are AWESOME! I remember the early stages of you knitting that. What a wonderful gift for a wonderful friend!

Not Betty Crocker said...

So cute! I'm very impressed.

Unknown said...

you made that!?!

hello Project Runway!!!! um. yes please.

and...we should have taken pictures tonight for our blogs!!!
ugh!