Sunday, April 20, 2008

Teeth and the Lion



There are somethings I forgot to mention with Easter. First of all- on Easter Day at dinner, Gibson lost his top tooth.

The next week, ironically, was his first (gulp) Orthodontist appointment and the Ortho did confirm that the bottom teeth would need to go so that his bottom teeth have room to grow in. This Ortho's office is like a PARTY and Gibson was super happy to be there and when the Ortho challenged him to "kick the habit" of sucking his thumb, he agreed to try the three step recovery program! He got a chart that he can put a sticker on for every day that he doesn't suck his thumb and he was also challenged to wear a sock or glove over his hand so he is not tempted during naps or night time! It was really cool to see the panoramic, 360 degree X-Ray of Gibson's mouth. I wasn't aware that when you are born almost all of your teeth, baby and permanent are already in your gums, so you can see even his 12 year molars! (and his stuffy sinuses!!)

Another thing I forgot to mention was that the week before Easter, Gibson found my Chronicles of Narnia: Lion Witch and the Wardrobe DVD (Disney's Awesome rendition!). I was really surprised at how much he loved it and understood it. He watched it every day, and during his sleepover with Joshua, he said "look Joshua, Aslan died, and then he was resurrected, Just like Jesus was!" My jaw dropped to the floor that not only he "got" that concept, but that he was excited to share it! He grasps concepts that I don't think he is even listening to, and when I hear him share it or set an example, I am so proud! I can't believe how much he is growing, and how fast he is becoming a young man! We have now finished Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe, and are reading Prince Caspian now! I know he can't understand it (because it is older British English, and some stories are WAY too descriptive) but he eagerly listens every night and wants me to keep reading (gotta be a shameless ploy to stay awake!!) and of course is DROOLING to see the new movie, that comes out on May 16th!!!

Lion Witch and the Wardrobe



Prince Caspian

0 comments: