Sunday, January 27, 2008

A great man is gone.


President Gordon B. Hinkley, Prophet , Seer and Revelator passed away tonight. We were expecting it because of his age, but it still is so sad to see him go. I am happy as well, because he lost his beloved wife of over 60 years a few years ago and we all know how much he has missed her- and now they are reunited again.


He left a legacy of love and acceptance and his firm and powerful testimony of Christ, Eternal Families, missionary work and so many other gospel principles. I got to be around him on four occasions, one of which was a choir performance where I was literally standing behind him, and I am so thankful that I could hear him speak in person and feel of his great love and testimony.


He will be missed, but his example has influenced me greatly as well as many others. Here is the official press release from the church . And a longer article about his Presidencey from Deseret News.

4 comments:

MichelleW said...

Bless his heart. He added so much to our own family through his cheerful encouragement and dedication to truth. He will be missed...

Mandy said...

You are right a great man is gone, he will be missed...

Anonymous said...

He was the first President I ever came to know.
You'll have to introduce me to the next one. I'll come up with my own name for him in time, don't you worry. LAM

Anonymous said...

p.s. Any chance you'll get a 'her' for President?! Any women in the Quorum? If not, why not? LAM