Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Mega- tired.



So today was a big day! Gibson finally earned enough to get His Holiness, the Blessed Megatron.

For those who aren't aware, or don't know any 5 to 10 year old boys, pubescent geek-type males, or middle-aged geek-type gents (hello, my SPOUSE!), Megatron is a Transformer- no not just any Transformer, but apparently THE Transformer- the Arch Nemesis, his royal bad-ness- you know the kind that little boys quiver over... and of course the hero, the protaganist, Optimus Prime was brought along so that instant battle could insue as soon as Mega-baby was out of the wrapping!

We all went as a family with his money in a little gold box (transferred over from his rather large and impressive treasure chest that he uses as a bank, of course) and picked up said ROCKSTAR from our local Target. Luckily we got a cashier who put up with all my gushing, and picturing and learning- experiencing and played along. (I snagged a couple of their Eco-bag thingies- which the cashier kept trying to put in a plastic bag for me!! HELLOO!!!)

so here is my boy learning how to be a consumer with cash and not just, well, with consuming....

Then we made a night out of it and ate a Subway while Gibson alternatively trembled with joy/Shook with rage at the new plastic dinner guest who has two "plasma" projectile thingies I might add! Delaney blithely relished the distraction because it meant she could sneak more of Gibson's raisins and chips while he was preoccupied! Derick just wanted to go home and put everyone to bed (where he is already I might add!)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

This sounds like something I would do (taking lots of pictures in Target). My kids love target so much that they jump up and down when I talk about going.

bridgmanpottery said...

glad you got your bags! I used mine there the other day and the lady fit everything into one single bag. The guy at my regular grocery is a pro with my bags, too.
Sounds like yall had a fun family date. Thanks for the ladybug comment, btw.