Monday, January 21, 2008

Pure Gib-berish!

Ever since he was born, we have had Gib-berish moments. As he has grown older, he has gotten much better at articulating his desires, and his funny comments have become few and fewer. these last three days, however, he has had some cute ones-


1. At Church, he was staring at my profile and touched my made up eyelashes (yes, I actually get make up on for church!!) and said, "I like how you nail polish your eyelashes, mom"

2. This morning, MLK day-Mom and Dad are being SUPER lazy and lounging in bed as LONG as possible. He comes in (about the ninth time by now) and says "Can you get me some milk please?" mom kinda rolls over and mutters slightly coherently- "*SNORT* OK iwillinaminute" he waits a second and says "is a minute gonna be a long time then?"


3. AND today, I finally got my little man to get his haircut after about 6 weeks of fighting with him about it- and having daddy go for one helped too! Well, daddy gets to go first because he is bigger. Halfway through, Gibson tugs on my arm and says he wants to whisper a secret in my ear (something that bugs us since "secrets" can be anything as "alarming" as "i want a Megatron Transformer toy") but I indulged him today and leaned down. He whispers very sincerely "Daddy better not get too much hair cut off or he won't have any left." It completely CRACKED me up!!!
Daddy, however, was not impressed.

and as a two-fer- when Gibson finally started getting his haircut, great MASSIVE clumps of hair were falling to the floor, I took a pic on my cell and sent it to my friends and my BFF texted back "Holy crap. U raising Chewbacca?" so, yeah, mom of the year, here is the picture I sent out!

I will post another picture of my handsome boy post-haircut later!