Sunday, February 24, 2008

I found my thrill...





On the McGill Hill!!

After we all warmed up by the fire (Marshmallows included!!!), my friend called to invite us to go sledding at a place called McGill Hill in New Hope, Pa. When we got there I was stunned to see how steep it was! I was sure Gibson was going to say he was too afraid ( and I SOOO wouldn't blame him, cause I was too!!!) but he jumped on and went down before I DID!! I went down a couple times on the two person sled to ease into it and then I was hooked! I had SOOOOOOO much fun! the hills and sleds were super fast. Even though it was raining and freezing, it was still a fantastic time!! we even went to the steeper hill on the other side!







Wendy had some issues going up the really steep hill! She must have fallen three times and that was AFTER I got out the Camera!

This was such a momentous thing because when I was a child, my asthma was so bad that walking up the hill after sledding down was nearly impossible. Even though I lived in Ohio where we had copious amounts of snow every winter and had a HUGE hill on our property, I could only go down the hill maybe three times before I just couldn't breathe enough to go on! As I was chugging up the hill time after time, I was marveling on how "easy" it was! (I mean- it was a TOTAL aerobic workout, but i could BREATHE!!!!)

After we sled for about 2 and half hours and were soaking wet and freezing, we went to a yummy, cozy pizza shop and slurped down HOT, garlicky pizza! What a great day!

1 comments:

This Diva Travels said...

What a cool hill---I am totally going to take my boys there if we get another big snow!