Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Rachel Ray!!

So I started the day early- in an attempt to catch the 6:40 train- it ended up being the 6:56 train, but it all ended well! I made it to the "line" for the audience around 8:40 and there were about 20 people in line already. I held the place for Brownwyn and Sterling who came about 9:10 and it was a good thing- they did turn people away. Apparently, just getting "tickets" isn't enough, you also have to be one of the first 120 people in line. We chatted with some of the people around us. the weather wasn't really that bad as predicted, but by the time they let us in, we were freezing!

The green room was really crowded and small, but the bathrooms were GORGEOUS,
the donuts and COffee were DUNKIN DONUTS (I had milk, Bronwyn and Sterling,
water). We hung out for a while, then we were ushered into the studio by groups.
The Warm-up guy, RC Smith, had really high stiff hair and a really hilarious
laugh! He was really cracking us up and explaining everything along the way


BTW this pic of RC was a Stock Photo- they made us turn off cameras and Cell phone in the studio!! YOU KNOW I woulda gotten some AWESOME shots too!!

Rachel came out and did a short segment with Samantha Harris- the most interesting thing I learned about her was that Kit from Project Runway is her Fashion Stylist!! and she is an ambassador form Operation Smile- which is an amazing Organization. Then there was a costume change, then Lindsay Price from Lipstick Jungle was there with her parents. Then a Kitchen MAkeover with an audience member. RR's Hubby dropped by for a few minutes and they kinda cuddled and smooched- oh and all of the ugly rumors about her just need to STOP! she is beautiful, bubbly and TINY!! that whole thing about the camera adding pounds is SOOOO true, because she is slim! ANd it was quite obvious both of them are happily married!*but I digress* Then a cooking segment with Tom Colicchio (this was SUPER cool for me!! I am huge TOp Chef fan!) and we got to eat paninis. Then another costume change where we watched a blooper reel, then cooking again for a yummy looking Popeye risotto. between all of that was the hilarious breaks where we horsed around wit RC- mostly playing Name that tune, clapping, whooping, clapping some more- got a little tired of it might add! and then listening to jokes. My side of the studio was dubed the "Desparate Housewives" side (I think I was the reason for that- I kinda boogied with an older camera man and "made his day"). I think the most interesting thing about the day was just seeing how much work and how many people are involved in a show like this! Truth be told, one of the most surprising things was how hard it was to see and hear the actual show- most of us were watching it on the monitors even though she was less than 50 feet away!!


So as I mentioned "swag" _ yeah- we got broth in a box- RR's newest supermarket hit. and a magazine, and some floss, T shirt and a rubber bracelet from Operation SMile. We got chocolate dipped Biscotti for a snack-So I really don't want you to think I am a selfish snob and I don't mean to sound ungrateful (after all the tickets are TOTALLY free) but the last show I watched had a $250 bedding set from West Elm for each audience member!!

But seriously. it was a blast! WE really enjoyed it all and everything went smoothly! My kids were happy when I got home (hopefully the Smith's were too) and no body got hurt- although now I am trying to figure out Popeye Risotto. Since she filmed three separate shows there might be a small chance you see us on at least ONE of those times- also the camera man became my friend ;). The shows should probably air around the end of next week or early in the week after that- I THINK! They tape like five shows, three days a week! It was Yum-o!! I completely recommend it! (oh and SAT word for the day- viscous, as in pertaining to Aged Balsamic Vinegar! And never get showed up by one, stubborn Spinach leaf!!)

3 comments:

Mandy said...

I'm SOOOO jealous!!! I love Rachel Ray!!

Mandy said...

I'm SOOOO jealous!!! I love Rachel Ray!!

MichelleW said...

OMIGOSH that is so cool! What a fun adventure! I want to see the West Elm set!