Wednesday, February 13, 2008

SC and Stuff!

I went to SC to visit Ali and I got to visit with Jill for a very short time as well! Her home is GORGEOUS as expected and I actually got to meet the man who owns the building company! So much happend and I have tons of pictures and junk that I want to share ad nauseum of course!! We did NOT get to do the Half Marathon- Ali sprained her ankle and the nanny we bailed on us.


So I will try to go in some kind of chronological order...
The Detroit Airport has the most AMAZING light and music tunnel. I will try to limit the videos of it, but honestly, I would go there just to hang out in there!




At Ali's house!!
ALi's Spectacular corner tub!!

Ali (before surgery obviously) on a trike! Seconds after this was taken Ihad to jump in front of them to stop them careening down the hill!!Gib and Tyson on the Ali's road.

Ali's dumb dog Tyson who just flopped on me the first night there-I let him for a while because it made Ali so Happy.

We loved finally all getting together with Jill. Jill has been my BF since we were 12, and ALi is so close now, I was dying for them to meet each other. Jill found this incredible place called INK for interactive neighborhood for Kids that had all kinds of cool stuff to do inside. Her son and my son had a ball switching between playing and fighting for most of the afternoon and Jill and I just gabbed the whole time. Ali just wanted to play in the play yard the whole time- but I have to say she did the same thing at Chuck E. Cheese the night before!!!

Chuck E. Cheese


Ali loved the broken scale in the "doctor's office" because she weighed only 120!!




YES! we dressed the girls up the same and they were adorable!
The highlight for them at INK was trying on the dress up shoes.

Delaney doing the "Merry Christmas Dance" at a restaurant for the whole family- notice the half eaten plate of food- she had just shoveled a good portion down before this- there is also a video on request!!

Of course it was awesome seeing the Giants win the superbowl- we also loved having Tom Petty for Halftime and all of us were dancing!!


The biggest event that took place while I was there was Ali's shoulder RE-Surgery. She went to a total chop shop the first time evidentaly! The man who did her surgery this time was Dr. Hawkins of the Steadman Hawkins clinics and he is a total ROCK STAR! He found lots of Bursa tissue and Bone Spurs- We got to see before and after pictures and it was amazing how much needed to be cleaned up! He also disconnected her bicep tendon (Like he did on John Elway before he won the Super Bowl- yeah- that Dr Hawkins- told ya, rock star!). I think ALi was relieved because they actualy FOUND a reason for her pain- she was getting that feeling that no one believed her I think. She went straight to rehab (and I said NO, No No) and was able to move her shoulder one way by 137 Degrees out of 180! The last surgery, it took her over 4 weeks to get that far. SHe is already driving and picking up stuff and not wearing her sling- She doesn't do anything slowly!
before surgery-
with her favorite nurse Troy-
After her surgery

I left out a bunch I am sure- but here is part of our family's journey! I came back with Strep, as did Delaney and then on Sunday Night Gib repeatedly screamed with pain over an ear ache! We went to the ER where I kinda felt I had been HAD becasue he was flirting and chatting and happy to be there once we saw SHARK WEEK on the TV- but then when they put in the scope he went nuts- he had a HUGE infection and I am glad we got it treated.

BUT I was glad when he went to School this morning! I hope to recover from being gone for so long soon!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the pictures. The videos were lots of fun! Thanks!
It was fun to see photos of Jill & Ethan as well as Ali & Brooke!