Monday, February 25, 2008

Sweet dreamers.



last night Gibson wanted Delaney to read books with him in his bed. Delaney was really sleepy and was really relaxed while we were reading. Gibson begged me to let her sleep with him. After lots of giggles and shrieks and even more giggles, Gibson came out and said Delaney was asleep. less than a half an hour later, they were both out. I snapped the picture and about an hour later when we went to bed, I asked D to put Delaney in her bed to keep her safe. She woke up and screamed for about 10 minutes. D said she might be wet, so I went in to change her.


*for a special bonus* a story within a story- Delaney has been taking her clothes off- ALL OF THEM- over and over for the last two weeks. we have been changing her sheets over and over again as well! so in the last couple of nights, I have been taping her diapers with packaging tape to keep them on. Last night when I changed her, I was reminded that DERICK had gotten her ready for bed- How was I reminded you might ask??? BECAUSE THE DIAPER WAS TAPED TO MY DAUGHTER!!!!!!! ALL THE WAY AROUND MY DAUGHTER-ON HER SKIN!!!! luckily she was a little sweaty and it didn't completely adhere and rip off her skin!!!


anyway, we decided to let her sleep with us a little to calm her down, and put her back in her crib when she fell back to sleep. The FUnniest part of this story is that at 2 AM Gibson comes in and jostles me awake and says "Mommy! I lost Delaney, Mommy! I can't find her!" I reassured him that she was in her crib and that he could go back to bed. SO CUTE!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is hilarious!!

Anonymous said...

How hilarious!!!! I LOVE IT!